Thursday, May 7, 2009

What a fun night!



    Ok...I think I had one of the most fun nights of my life tonight!  Our women's Bible study group surprised  3 girls from our church, Karlee, Katy & Nicole, with a shopping trip around town!   These girls will all be going on summer mission trips!
    As you know from an earlier post, we had a fried pie fundraiser a few weeks ago....well, we raised enough money to pay off all of their trips to France, Brazil and Mexico and also we had enough to give each one $100 to spend on clothes for their trips! 
   We asked them to come to Bible study tonight and fed them supper....then we proceeded to tell them that we were going to take them shopping! SURPRISE!!!  Their reaction was priceless...there were screams and tears and hugs!   It was so much fun to see their faces! 
     There were about 10 of us and the 3 girls that all hopped in cars and drove around our town to shop!  It was like a marathon shopping spree!  We made it to 4 different stores and of course we ended at Wal-Mart! (which 4 stores is about all we have in Lebanon to shop for teen girls)
    They all got some really cute clothes for their trips!  I was so blessed to be a part of this fun night!  I think all of us women had as much or more fun than the girls! :)   God blessed immeasurably more than I could have ever asked or imagined!  What an awesome Thankful Thursday I have had! :)
(** the pictures are some we took while they were having fun in the dressing rooms....I am not sure any of those were purchased- I know the mumu dresses were NOT! ha!)
    
     

2 comments:

  1. What a fun night! I just keep rejoicing how God did so much more than we imagined--what Julie dared to dreamed of! Loving the NLT: Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Ephesians 3:20

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Bible Study Girls ROCK!!!! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete