Monday, March 15, 2010

What Not to Wear!



One of my favorite shows on TV is What Not to Wear on TLC! I love to watch Stacey & Clinton work their magic on people helping them like themselves and look good in what they wear. One of the stipulations of being on the show is that you have to throw away ALL your old clothes and be willing to buy a whole new wardrobe. It is all a matter of a better self-image and liking who they are and seeing what they can be if they just let go of the past! At the end of the show...you see a whole new person with a brand new wardrobe that fits them and a newfound confidence in who they are!

I am doing a Bible study, on my own, by Kelly Minter called Ruth. It is GREAT!!! It is all about the story of Ruth and gets into more details of her love, loss & legacy! I love when studying a well known "story" from the Bible... God brings it to reality! Because these events in the Bible truly happened...they are not just stories!

Tonight while doing my Bible study...Kelly asked the question "Is God asking you to throw off some weighty garments??" She also said, "When we're wrapped in garments of mourning, we're unavailable for whatever else God has for us." In a sense, when we choose to live in the past of whatever is weighing us down then we take ourselves out of the game. WOW!!! Those words hit me between the eyes like a brick!

I have been willingly taking myself out of the game for several months now. I have been living with hurt, unforgiveness, anger and even jealousy for things that have happened in the past. It just has not been working for me, though! I have asked God over and over to forgive me of all of these feelings and then I would get up from my prayer time and throw the load back over my shoulder, as if I had to carry them around anyway! :( I have been living in a pity party not wanting to do anything or get involved. I just haven't let go UNTIL tonight!!! I am throwing away those old ugly clothes and trading them in on some new beautiful clothes that will actually glorify God!

Isaiah 43:18-19 says " But forget all of that- it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new. See I have already begun? Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland."

I am happy to say that I am back in the game! I have traded in my old frumpy clothes for new ones that make me look and feel a lot better! I want to glorify God in all that I do each and everyday!

God has blessed me so much in spite of my constant pity party about different things going on in my life. I just haven't sat down and really looked for the blessings that are all around me each day! I can't wait to see what all God has in store for me and my family!

Please pray for me that I will stay in the game at all times and when Satan comes to tempt with my old "seemingly" comfy clothes that I will not even put them in my closet for a later use, but that I will stay in my newly updated wardrobe and glorify My KING! I don't even want those clothes anywhere near my newly replenished closet! :)

Who knew that a study on Ruth and a TV show on TLC could have so many similarities! :) I just love how God speaks to me in the most unusual ways! He knows I am a little thick headed at times...so he has to get on my level! I love how God ALWAYS meets you where you are! How incredible! :)

2 comments:

  1. I am smiling as I read this, friend. So glad to hear about your wardrobe makeover ;) I might have to borrow some fun outfits sometime! I am so thankful for the great inspiration and ecouragement that you are. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this is why I got the purse!! lol Isn't it amazing to know that God can speak to us through absolutely anything he chooses.

    ReplyDelete